Pages

8.27.2010

#6-ISRAEL

I am here! My flight got to Tel Aviv safely and i just finished eating dinner at my school. It has been a long day....considering that I have been moving through the air at 500+ MPH for the past 10 hours....

This place is amazing....I don't think I realized how much I have been wanting to come back here until I got out of the airport. I am so excited for the next 9 months!

So this is interesting.....
I ordered my airline tickets really late....about a month ago.
I selected my seating literally last week, and when I did so, there were only about 4 seats left to choose from. So I just chose one towards the back of the plane.

Turns out, the guy I sat next to on the airplane from Philadelphia to Tel Aviv is now my roommate.
Go God. I thought it was bizarre.
I have 3 rommates...Guillermo, Jonathan, and Daniel.
There nice...so OK.

The campus is very nice....there are flowers all over the place....

I think the only down side to everything is this:

This school does not think the same I way that I do.
Shabbat is looked at as a cultural experience.
I still do not know nor do I think that the school keeps Kosher....

these are things that I have a hard enough time dealing with in the states (Why would I expect Northwestern College to keep Kosher?)....but here? I feel kinda disappointed.

but oh well...it just means I am going to have a very interesting experience here.


I should have some video coming soon...not sure when. Still messing around with what I got's to shoot....


Here is a great picture of the Valley of Hinnom, right outside the backyard of JUC...I just took this picture as the sun is setting for Shabbat to begin!

Photobucket






Shalom! Or in todays case Shabbat Shalom!

2 comments:

Pete Krausert said...

Dude that picture is great!
I am happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks friend!