Pages

8.30.2010

#7-Check, check.....check 1,2,3...

This is a test

test...test...

Shalom people...

so I am testing out a video editing software, and I wanted to see how it looks online.
Let me know if the video jumps and skips around and what not....any problems while playing it let me know (unless your computer just stinks...then it is not my video. Its your stinking computer.)



That being said.

Update:

-So. I started my first class today. It was my History of Ancient Egypt in the Biblical world. I will definitely be talking about this one sometime....

-The internet here at JUC really is just terrible. Just letting you know.

-Turns out my Archeology of Jerusalem course is being taught by Dr.Gabriel Barkay. He is a world renown archeologist and is on NatGeo (National Geographic's TV program) a lot....he is best known for the discovery of the High Priestly Blessing from Numbers 6:24-26 written on silver plaques. To this day it is the oldest Biblical inscription ever found....dating back to 600BC. Read about it Here.

Crazy. I am so excited to study under this guy...however, I have been told by very reliable sources (uh...the Executive Director of JUC) that this is probably the hardest class you can take, because Dr.Barkay teaches European style...which means he basically talks, you basically listen, and everything he says is a go on the test (and there is only 1 test)....except you have to find the information on your own in the library....because he wont tell you.

So that will be very interesting.

-I start Hebrew tomorrow, along with a class that I am auditing: "rabbinical thought and literature" This is being taught by an Orthodox Hasidic Jew, so its going to be good. I am excited.

-I am hoping to have a real video up soon....give me some feed back on the quality of this one from your computers end....
thanks.

-I am going to start a "Song of the day". I know....I know it is totally cliche, but hey...I like music....so there.

Therefor, the song of the day today is: "Bad" by U2 Why? Because why shouldn't it be? You tell me why it shouldn't be...

-Me


Shalom!

4 comments:

Tami Breazeale said...

LOL. Love that video. The quality is good and that confession was good too.

Megan said...

Video worked fine... will you send Jer and I a bar in the mail? :)

Stephanie Peterson said...

Video worked for me too, James! The courtyeard looked amazing, and I knew the whole time you were only going for the Magnum bars!

Anonymous said...

james. your awesome. so that is really cool about your teacher. you will learn so much. i cant wait to hear and see you talk about what you are learning. its great to see you so excited. good seeing you. wish i could have one of those bars with you! love you and miss you much!